Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Isaiah 66:18-23 All Flesh Shall Come to Worship

 


Observation: At the end of the book of Isaiah, God reveals a grand vision. The heavens and the earth will be remade, and all flesh--all nations, not just Israel--will worship the Lord. 

Application: It's humbling to realize that I am just one tiny part of what God is doing with the whole universe. The heavens and earth will be renewed. A new harmony will be established between humanity and the divine...and not just humanity, but all life, and the creation itself. This is the work of reconciliation and peace that flows from the cross of Christ, into every aspect of reality. And I get to be part of it. But it doesn't depend on me. Nothing I do or fail to do will reverse the flow of this river of life. Nothing I do or fail to do will make it flow any faster. I'm just one little raft, a fellow traveler among many, here to make the journey a little easier for those around me. Maybe I can point out a few obstacles or beautiful sights along the way. I hope I can stop a moment to get one or two upturned canoes back in the water. But it's God who will get us where we need to go. 

Prayer: God, thank you for your grand visions in the book of Isaiah. Help me bear witness to your new creation to come, by honoring nd helping fellow travelers on your river of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment