Friday, September 21, 2018

Psalm 119:33-40 Teach Me




Observation: This is part of the longest Psalm in the Bible, an acrostic love poem to God's law. I always find it strange at first to hear anyone write with such passion about laws and statutes--I never would have survived law school---but it's really less about memorizing rules and more about learning and growing in a better way of life.

Application: Protestant Christians like myself are trained to take a dim view of religious laws and "have-to's". Isn't that works righteousness? Still, learning a better way of life from God isn't about "earning" a seat in heaven, or anything else. It's a grateful response to God's grace. It's the joyous declaration, each day, that our lives can be fuller and more loving when we live in God's light.

Prayer: Teach me, Lord. Help me be more like you today than I was yesterday. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment