Saturday, April 7, 2018

Psalm 133 Dwelling together in unity



Observation: This may be the shortest and simplest psalm. A statement and two similes. Dwelling together in unity is good. As good as beard oil. As good as fresh dew.

Application: I heard recently that the UK government created a "ministry of loneliness" to combat the growing problem of social isolation. Having social connections is proven to increase health and longevity. Loneliness can literally kill us, and when coupled with enough anger and toxicity, it can kill others too.

So right now, I'm going to head into the office and finish up some things I already should have done. But after that, I'm going to a birthday party with my family. Thanks be to God.

Prayer: God, I thank you for the chaotic, imperfect gift of community. Help me seek out life giving friendships, and those who could use more of them. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment