Monday, March 13, 2017

Hebrews 3:1-6 Built By God

Observation: The writer of Hebrews is comparing and contrasting Moses' and Jesus' ministries. Whereas Moses was faithful in God's house (the temple) Jesus was not only faithful, but he built the house, because God builds all things.

Application: Although I have serious doubts about "Intelligent Design" as a subject in public school science classes, it is a core concept of Christian theology. It's very important to me to know that neither I, nor any person, was an accident. God dreamed, designed, and built each of us, on purpose. Though none of us is perfect and we're all distorted by this fallen world, we're each a direct product of God's hand. Mind you, my faith allows that the tool in God's hand may have been evolution. In fact, it only deepens my awe and reverence to know a tiny bit more about God's methods of creating. But ultimately, I'm grateful for the knowledge that God decided--before time began--that I would exist, and was pleased with the thought.
Prayer: God, thank you for dreaming and building me. Teach me to value myself--body, mind, spirit--as your handiwork. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment