Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Acts 9:10-22...God put the scales there!

Observation: I've read this text a hundred times, but it never occurred to me before that Ananias is healing Saul of a blindness God caused. People use the term "scales fell from my eyes" for a dramatic shift in perspective, or a removal of a blind spot that's always been there. But the scales that fell from Saul's eyes are only three days old, and were put there by God!

Application: Sometimes we lose sight of what we're really here to do. Sometimes we feel pretty blind to what to do next, and we have to let others lead us. It's strange to think that such confusing or even despairing moments could be from God. Would God really strike us blind, just to restore our perspective? In a word...Yes. It's no fun having to lean on others, and have no sense of control, but it reminds us control is an illusion. Even when we think we're seeing perfectly, God is leading us along, just like always.

Prayer: God, it's no fun to feel blind. It's hard for me to throw up my hands and say, "Look, I can't figure this out." But if you need to block my vision for a time, though I may not like it, so be it. I know you will send the right people to guide me, and the right one to restore my sight. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment