Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Luke 2:25-38 Leaving Room For the Holy Spirit



Observation: In Luke's Gospel, a lot of credit is given to the Holy Spirit. In just these few short verses, the Holy Spirit rests on the old man Simeon, reveals to him that he will see the Messiah before he dies, guides him into the temple at the exact right moment to see the infant Jesus, and inspires him to sing a song of praise to God. The Holy Spirit also inspires Anna, a prophet, to also praise God and speak about this special child. 

Application: The Holy Spirit has had a pretty big role in my life, but I'm not always aware of the Spirit's action until after the fact. I'm not always observant enough in real time, when I'm able to pray in a difficult situation, or when I step out in faith doing something that scares me a little, or when I hear God's word and say, "yes! Thank you God!", to know that the Holy Spirit has been working on me. But when I look back on my day--especially when I have the presence of mind to journal about it--the Holy Spirit has more than a cameo. On the good days, she's in a starring role. 

Prayer: Holy Spirit, thank you for your work in my life. Help me to know you, hear you, and give thanks for you when you show up. Help me get out of your way, and let you work through me what will best serve God's Reign. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment