Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Acts 9:32-35 Jesus Christ Heals You



Observation: Just as Jesus did, Peter approaches a paralyzed man and is able to heal him. But importantly, Peter's exact words are, "Jesus heals you." Peter emphasizes over and over that nothing he does is on his own. Jesus does it all.

Application: It's not common--maybe it never was--to see a miraculous healing in Jesus' name. No matter how common some traveling for-profit "faith-healers" would like you to believe it is, there's a reason why even 2,000 years ago healings were included in the Gospels. They don't happen every day.

That's not to say I don't believe they do happen. God can do anything, and God is full of surprises. Sometimes God acts in ways we can't explain. That said, I'm grateful for the advancement of science and medicine we've had in our modern age, and I believe this too comes from God.

The bottom line, as Peter points out, is that healing comes from God. I have no hesitation at all in praying with someone for healing in Jesus' name, knowing that healing takes many forms, and praying prepares us to see them.

Prayer: God, in the name of Jesus, I ask for healing for people in my life who are suffering. I pray, too, for those who I don't know who are suffering. Transform my spirit to be able to know your wonders when I see them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment