Thursday, August 31, 2017

Psalm 26:1-8 Test my heart and mind



Observation: the psalmist asks God for vindication, because she/he is going through some ordeal and doesn't seem to believe she/he deserves it. "I have walked in integrity...test my heart and mind." 

Application: Psalms like this bother me. Firstly, it is central to my understanding of the world that nobody is perfect. Roman 3 says all have sinned. And secondly, the world itself is fallen. Bad things happen to good people, and vice versa. 

But I still know what it feels like to think I'm doing the right thing and not have it work out like I planned.  I am not perfect--I am all too aware of my own faults--but it comforts me to know that God sees when I've gotten something right, even if nobody else does. 

Prayer: Lord, you have tested my heart and mind. You know I'm far from perfect. But thank you for seeing the good things your Spirit does in me. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment