Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Daily Devotion: Judges 13



Judges 13. The birth of Sampson reminds me of the story of Abraham and Sarah from the book of Genesis. A couple praying for kids, greet and host an angel in disguise, and find that God has heard their prayers.
I just spoke on Sunday about the Christian value of hospitality. You never do know who you are inviting into your home, or into your life, when you try to make space and time for someone you don't know. Jesus says in Matthew 25 that when we welcome the stranger, we welcome him. I am praying today that God will help me see who I will run across this week, who could use a welcome: a kind word, a small gesture, that can set someone at ease. God, keep my eyes and ears open for the next stranger to welcome. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment